Time execution: 1 hr 10 min
Can be served for: 4 to 6 persons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red onion, small dice
- 2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 head fermented black garlic, minced
- 3 cups long-grain rice, washed and drained dry
- 4 2/3 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill for cooking over indirect medium-high heat.
- Heat a 23-inch cast-iron pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop and add the oil. Once heated, add the onion, bell pepper and black garlic, stirring to combine. Cook until the onions have sweated and are starting to caramelize, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to combine, coating the rice with the oil. Stir in the stock, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cover with the lid or foil. Cook over indirect heat for 40 minutes. Remove from the heat, then rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Source: Black Garlic Rice Pilaf