Time execution: 26 min
Can be served for: 12 to 16 Servings
- 2 pkg Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 3 2/3 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 2 (32 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread two-thirds cherry pie filling on cake to within 2/3-inch of edge. Spread 2.5 cups whipped cream mixture over cherry pie filling. Top with second cake layer. Frost sides and top with remaining whipped cream mixture. Spread remaining cherry pie filling on top to within 2-inch of edge. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Black Forest Torte