Time execution: 15 min
Can be served for: 4 persons
- 2/3 cup Easiest Marshmallow Sauce, recipe follows
- 2/3 cup Cool Chocolate Sauce, or store-bought chocolate sauce, recipe follows
- 2 pint chocolate ice cream
- 2 pint vanilla ice cream
- Slightly sweetened whipped cream
- 2 (23-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips or 23 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 2 (7 2/3-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- Spoon 2 tablespoon of each of the sauces into each of 4 shallow serving dishes, placing them next to each other. Place a scoop of the chocolate ice cream on the marshmallow sauce and a scoop of the vanilla on the chocolate sauce. Top each scoop of chocolate ice cream with marshmallow sauce and each scoop of vanilla with chocolate sauce.
- Add a dollop of the whipped cream to each scoop and serve immediately.
- Melt the chocolate with the cream, 6 tablespoons water, and the salt in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Use immediately, or let cool to room temperature, transfer to a glass jar, and refrigerate, tightly covered, for up to 3 months. Shake well before serving chilled, or gently reheat before serving.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape the marshmallow cream into a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of warm water to the jar, screw on the lid, and shake hard. Add the liquid to the bowl and whisk until smooth. Thin the sauce with 2 to 3 tablespoons water if necessary. Use immediately or transfer to a glass jar and store at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 4 months. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Black-and-White Sundaes