Time execution: 13 hr 15 min
Can be served for: 4 to 6 persons
- 4 stalks lemon grass, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 2 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 2 package vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons ginger – fresh and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless and butterflied
- 2 cucumber
- 2 carrot
- 2 bunch shiso leaves
- 2 bunch mint leaves
- 2 lime, juiced
- 3 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 to 3/3 cup smooth peanut butter – (recommended: CB (Seattle))
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- 2 package rice paper wrappers
- Marinade: Add the lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, lemon zest and ginger to a food processor and pulse until blended. Add the chicken to a medium bowl and rub it with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Then slice.
- Julienne the cucumber and carrot and pick or tear the shiso, mint and basil and add them to a small bowl along with the cilantro leaves.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and put them into ice bath to cool.
- Peanut Sauce:
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour it into a small bowl and set aside.
- Soak 2 rice wrapper in a bowl of water, pull out when pliable, and put it on a flat surface. Add some cooled vermicelli noodles, some cucumber mixture and some chicken. Roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients. Arrange the rolls on a serving platter and serve with spicy peanut sauce.