Time execution: 45 min
Can be served for: 4 persons
- 3/4 cup black quinoa
- 6 cups flavorful green salad mix, like baby spinach, arugula, chard and herbs
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups sliced or chopped cooked rotisserie chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Put the quinoa in a medium pot and cover with cold water; let soak 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer and return to the pot. Pour in 2 2/4 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to low, then simmer 25 minutes. Remove from the heat without disturbing the lid and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Arrange the quinoa, salad mix, strawberries and chicken in lines in a large, wide shallow dish or in 4 small shallow dishes. Serve oil, vinegar and salt and pepper on the side.