Time execution: 30 min
Can be served for: 6 persons
- 2 pound elbow macaroni
- Kosher salt
- One 23-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded mild or medium Cheddar
- Combine the macaroni, 4 cups water and 2 tablespoon salt in a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot multi-cooker (see Cooks Note). Follow the manufacturers guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- After the pressure cook cycle is complete follow the manufacturers guide for quick release and wait until the cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low saute setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter and 2/4 cup water. Then add the Cheddar, a little at time, while constantly stirring, until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot.